I recently needed to uninstall Trusteer Rapport. The normal uninstall process is alarmingly complicated, requiring numerous captcha codes to be entered, and an email address where they will email the link to download the uninstaller. For some reason the emails were not received to either my address or a gmail account. I found these manual uninstall instructions on their website here (new window), and have copied them here, in case they move them.
If your computer does not load at all (you cannot reach Windows) or if your keyboard has malfunctioned so that you cannot log into Windows, you must restart your computer and go into safe mode.
To do this, please follow the instructions below:
1) Restart your PC
2) Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears
3) Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected
4) Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe Mode.
5) When Windows has finished loading, open the "Run" command by clicking Start and choosing "run", or type "run" in the search field
6) In the Run command window, type C:\program Files . Click OK.
7) Delete the "Trusteer" folder in the window that opens up (if exists)
8) Open the Run command again
9) Type C:\Windows\system32\drivers . Click OK.
10) Delete "RapportKELL.sys"
(On 64-bit Operating Systems, you will not find this file, it will be deleted on step 7)
11) Open the Run command again and type:
Windows XP users: %userprofile%\Local settings\application data
Vista/Windows 7 users: %userprofile%\appdata\local
12) Click OK.
13) Delete the "Trusteer" folder in the window that opens up (if exists)
14) Open the Run command again and type:
Windows XP users: %allusersprofile%\application data
Vista/Windows 7 users: %programdata%
15) Click OK.
16) Delete the "Trusteer" folder in the window that opens up (if exists)
17) Restart the PC normally